CALL FOR PROJECTS
For new works involving the Acusticum Organ
Kluster and Norrbottensmusiken in collaboration with Luleå University of Technology and Studio Acusticum hereby announce a call for projects directed to all creators active within the Nordic Countries (Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway and Sweden).
You are hereby invited to submit an idea for a new work involving the Acusticum Organ. You may use the organ any way you like, as long as it’s not harmful to the instrument. The submitted ideas will be reviewed by our jury and one idea will be selected.
If your idea is selected, your work will be premiered at Kluster’s ‘Resonans‘ mini-festival on March 21st 2015 in Piteå, Sweden. To produce this new work you will get a budget of 40 000 SEK. The budget will have to cover your fee as well as travel to Piteå at two occasions (including accommodation).
The Acusticum Organ:
- It is a large concert hall organ.
- It is possible to manually control the wind in its different sections and it also has percussion instruments.
- It is possible to play and control it via MIDI (including controlling the registration). It has MIDI-In, Out and Thru.
- The organ can also be used to control other equipment as a MIDI controller.
- If you’re not familiar with this type of instrument, don’t worry, you will get all the help you need.
- If your idea requires a performer, organ prof. Gary Verkade will be at your disposal. You may of course perform your work by yourself or together with Gary if you like.
- For full spec. and more info please visit http://acusticumorgel.se (please note that the overtone division is not available yet).
Regarding your idea and application:
- We need your idea before Oct. 15th 2014
- We only require a short text explaining your idea. You may also use video, images, sounds etc. if you like.
- Please use English or a Scandinavian language.
- We do not require your work to have a specific duration.
- Send your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your contact info and links where we can learn more about you and your creative output. If your submission is larger than 20mb please send us a link where we can download it.
- You will be required to make a presentation of your piece in connections to its premiere.
- You will also have to present a seminar about your piece and yourself to students at the LTU.
If you have general questions regarding this call for projects please contact email@example.com
If you have questions regarding the Acusticum Organ please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions regarding the MIDI-system of the Acusticum Organ please contact email@example.com